Question about U.W. Scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo:
scubasean, how do you find the seadoo now after having owned it for a few months? My father-in-law is looking at one for extending his beach diving (Venice Beach, FL) - basically max 20' depths, but a long swim from the shore. His "out and back again" diving in the shallows just doesn't justify the expense of the likes of an SS, Gavin, XScooter etc.

Hey stranger...Long time no hear!

I hope down under is treating you well. I hope to get there someday...

As for my experience, I like the GTI model. It is purely for fun rec dives, and certainly is not to be confused with serious scooters used by the cave crowd...

However, I've gotten dives over an hour on mine, pulled friends (lower battery life, due to higher power setting used).

But, for $350, its a great bunch of fun. I've used it solo diving many times.

The depth rating on mine is 100', which is plenty for rec dives...

I have an old Farallon Mk I that I'm rebuilding. I have finished redoing my friends Mk II and have test drove it. It was a blast. Being geared they make a bit of noise, but that sure had the sea lion confused. He followed me at top speed for 15 minutes, never leaving my side except for air. We paid $511 for both scooters. All I've put into them is batteries and a bit of sweat equity.

:wink:
When you mean exhaust the battery , you mean after multiple recharges ?
Are you recharging the unit ny the car charger or what ?

sorry, this is new to me..

thanks for any input..

starfire:
I have the new seadoo vs turbo. I weigh 225 and it pulls me at about 2mph in a drysuit. I have let multiple people try it and most have gone and bought one. The vs is rated at 100 ft. but it has been to 120 without so much as a leak. It does not have the shear power of the apollo but is also 1/3 the weight. I have yet to exhust a battery on a day of diving yet. I like it so much I bought my son one also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom