Question about U.W. Scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used just about every scooter on the market, I currently own a silent submersions, I would choose either them or if you can get one one of the older Farallon mkII or mk III's. they are great scooters.

The thing I didn't like about the Apollos were that the handles were on the front causing the user to "ride ontop" of the machine.

GDI:
What kind of diving do you want to use the scooter for?

GDI,
I want to use the scooter to extend my range for beach diving. That is the main reason, of course there is the occassional fun riding under the water !!

To all,
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I will keep doing my homework until I can find the right scooter. Although price is somewhat of a factor, I would like well built to last more importantly. Thanks again for all the comments.

Paul AKA OHI

I have the new seadoo vs turbo. I weigh 225 and it pulls me at about 2mph in a drysuit. I have let multiple people try it and most have gone and bought one. The vs is rated at 100 ft. but it has been to 120 without so much as a leak. It does not have the shear power of the apollo but is also 1/3 the weight. I have yet to exhust a battery on a day of diving yet. I like it so much I bought my son one also.

I would not get the Seadoo. It appears to be a toy. I would get a Mako for shallow-water use, and an SS for deep, long, or hard use.

teknitroxdiver:
I would not get the Seadoo. It appears to be a toy. I would get a Mako for shallow-water use, and an SS for deep, long, or hard use.

It depends on what you want, and how much you want to spend to get it...

I love the seadoo...supercharged version...over an hour of battery life, and I have two batteries...Can even use it spearfishing... And its good to 100 feet.

:banana:

scubasean, how do you find the seadoo now after having owned it for a few months? My father-in-law is looking at one for extending his beach diving (Venice Beach, FL) - basically max 20' depths, but a long swim from the shore. His "out and back again" diving in the shallows just doesn't justify the expense of the likes of an SS, Gavin, XScooter etc.

Back
Top Bottom