Question about the sizing of my Wetsuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSmitty13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm just looking for some advice on my wetsuit. I just bought a 7mm wetsuit (scubapro everflex). I also have a 3mm scubapro wetsuit. My 3mm I have no problem and can zip up all by myself, my 7mm however I can get it on and fit it all over my body with no issue but when it comes to zipping it up I need a little help. Once its on, it feels ok and I can put my arms over my head, touch my toes, and breathe ok, but that zipper is giving me problems in the back. It seems like its getting stuck coming up so it's indicating one of three things to me, #1 The zipper is not as the one on my 3mm. #2 Its typical to need to have somebody help you with a much thicker wetsuit so it is common to have problems with the zipper, or #3 its just too small.

What is your opinion?

THANKS!

I am not sure about your 7mm, but I have a 5/4mm and I always need help zipping it up. The suit is snug, but I would not call it tight. It is very comfortable when I have it on. When I bought it, I tried on several different wet suits (I am kind of hard to fit) and this one fit great, but I've never been able to zip it by myself.

My daughter also has a 5mm and she needs help zipping hers. What I find with both of ouor suits is that the zipper will come about 1/2 way up OK, but then it binds unless you have another person helping.

I find it easier to zip if I arch my back...have you tried this?

John

Having it fetch up on the way up is not uncommon. Try pulling over the opposite shoulder or arching your back differently. Be careful or you can nip your spine seal. In the end that's what you have a buddy for.

If your breathing is neutral then you should be OK. Another rule of thumb is that when zipping the suit (after it has settled on your body) the zipper should not be stretching the neoprene by much more than 1 inch.

Pete

Don't worry about it. You'll always be diving with a buddy - especially at the upcoming GLWC M&G! - so there will always be someone to help zip it up. Besides, you'll be helping many of us zip our drysuits up! :wink:

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom