question about the ranger ltd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

windtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK i know the weight of the ranger ltd is around 10 lbs. but the question is this what is the buoyancy of the BC in the water. is it neutral or positive in the water. you don't have anything on the web sit about this. i know it will be a little different from model to model. but has anyone done some pool time with this? as i have not had the time to check this yet.

:gas:I'm just trying to get a better idea on what weight is needed to off set things in the water. i know I'm going to get some flack :catfight: on this from some that just say dive and forget things like this.:argument: but i am one of curious nature of things. and you cant have to much knowledge :idk:of things.

Alright I have been diving the LTD since 09, I picked up a 1 lbs of lead to carry. The lumber pad is where the floatation comes from, but it really makes the BCD. I love mine and have personally had 3 people buy them by listening to me talk about them.

The BC (with the bladder completely empty) is less than 2 lbs bouyant. The material that is inside the lumbar pad is actually not bouyant. It allows water in, but drains completely once you exit the water...it is not porous and doesn't soak up water.

Hope that explains it a bit...

Scott

thanks Scott. i found it to be 2 1/2 lbs to be neutral but thats just mine as i said there is differences between models.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom