Question about planning software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

degraziad

Registered
Reaction score
Before the lectures start on the dangers of deep diving without training, this is a question I have come up with just out of my own curiosity while playing around with Baltic and V-planner, these aren’t profiles I’m actually diving.
While playing around with these planning programs, I noticed that after 2-3 dives at depths roughly around 175’ on a low nitrox mix (24% for example) and a surface interval of 1 hour, it gives me the same decompression stop depths and times for all subsequent dives with the same profile. Wouldn’t the loading of these dives warrant a much longer deco with each dive, or am I misreading the program?

You don't say how long the dives are your are planning, but it's likely you're only loading up the faster compartments, which clear just as quickly. Even a week of recreational dives on a liveaboard, which could well be 27 dives in 5 1/2 days, barely shows any loading on the slower compartments by the end of the week.

I was only putting in bottom times of 6-8 minutes so that makes sense then. Thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom