Question about Oceanic gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were able to MATCH Leisure Pro prices for me!

Wait, that's not possible! Everyone knows that LP sells everything for 60% less than your LDS...

:D

Hey all,

Oceanic is a top shelf manufacturer offering most if not all your equipment needs. As a global provider, Oceanic's warranty should be satisfied by any Authorized dealer.

As a dealer, we appreciate their support with helping meet our customer needs. Including customer service, engineering and innovative equipment. I think another feather in their cap is their founder, Bob Hollis. If interested you can learn more about Oceanic and Bob Hollis in one of our Scuba Equipment video reviews.

I really can't say enough good things about Oceanic and very happy that we offer their equipment to our customers. As a father of two I can say both my boys dive Oceanic as well as my wife.

I really didn't mean this to turn into a testimonial for Oceanic. :D Just wanted to add my 2cents. Have a great day and dive safe.

Well, perhaps a final note as a "horn toot" for my LDS. This is in the category of "I wouldn;t have believed it had it not happened to me" and will keep me going back to this place for good. . .

So I go in to my LDS (by the way, it's Dive Quarters in Virginia Beach, VA - a shop that in my first few weeks of getting back into this sport last year had turned me off due to an exhaust smell in their pool area - but that's another story). Anyhow, I go in on Saturday morning to pick up my Oceanic Alpha 8/PX3 with DVT and my Veo 100 NaviCon setup - the one they price matched to LeisurePro for me - already a great deal. Now here comes the incredible part. When I noted that the first stage that had been shipped was NOT in fact the PX3, but was in fact an SP5 and not what I had ordered, he said, "give me a few mins and let's see what we can do."

Mind you, I fully expected one of two outcomes - waiting another two weeks for the right first stage to come in, or being asked for another $100 and having him try to "sell" me the SP5 even though it was not what I wanted, or some such thing. Well, delightfully, neither of those two happened. After shopping a bit more, he called me up and said "well, this is our, and Oceanic's mistake, and so we're going to make it right for you. Here's an FDX-10 first stage to go with your Alpha 8. It's the top of the line. Will that do?" After reading about the FDX-10 for a few minutes right there on his computer, and learning that it was in fact a superior first stage with DVT, I was floored! He hooked me up with a $400 reg asking for NO more $. At first, I thought it must have been a return or have something old about it, or whatever - but my wife was with me and saw him take it directly out of a new box and off of another new second stage. I went ahead and bought a couple more things and was on my way with a great set up for my original "on-line" price (NO extra $).

From what I can tell, this Dive Center is in business to stay, and is in the business of making diving fun and safe. They want to get their Divers in the water with good gear - and granted - they are not in the business of giving it away, but they are willing to work with you to make things right - and that for me is a winning combination. CONGRATULATIONS DIVE QUARTERS of VA BEACH! (i know, they won't/can't do this for everyone, but in this case, they did a great thing, so far as I can tell).

Anyhow - that's the Paul Harvey "rest of the story" for ya. thought you might find it an interesting story in this time of dwindling customer service and more and more online shopping.

Good diving, all.

Maximillion.

Back
Top Bottom