Question about MK2i and heart rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vash4884

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I just got a MK2i and I'm diving with it for the first time this weekend. Does this watch adjust it's algorithm based on heart rate or is that just for tracking exercise? I was just curious.

It does not adjust it's algorithm.

However, if you wear it against your skin, it does record and plot your heart rate in the dive log. This can be useful in conjunction with the AI air consumption plot to understand what was happening during the dive. Where you were stressed, or working hard, etc.

So I just got a MK2i and I'm diving with it for the first time this weekend. Does this watch adjust it's algorithm based on heart rate or is that just for tracking exercise? I was just curious.
Scubapro is the only computer that I am aware of that will adjust the algorithm based on heart rate and skin temperature as measured by their HR monitor. As mentioned by @L13, It will track heart rate during the dive as it considers the dive an exercise activity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom