question about manifolds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemike154

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased double 104s and it has an old school sherwood manifold on it. Is this any good or should I get a newer one?

I'd get a new one. The Sherwood manifold was great in it's day, offerring a means to attach two regs, each of which could be shut off independently.

However it has a post in the center and on one on the left, rather than the now standard, right post, left post and isolator valve on the center bar.

So it is in essence a non isolator manifold. They are however very nice to have if you dive a double hose as the center post works great for the double hose reg and the left post works great for a redundant reg.

If you decide to replace it drop me a line, I may be interested in it.

The Sherwood was a well made manifold and parts are available to service it. Assuming this is a Sherwood manifold with two regulator ports, many people feel because of documented "pilot error" and "tank monkey error" that the non isolator manifolds are just as safe or safer than isolator manifolds. Personally, I slightly prefer non isolator manifolds over isolator manifolds but what I really like about the Sherwood is the center post for use with double hose regulators.

If it is a Sherwood manifold with only one regulator fitting, I would replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom