Question about LEDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done building the P7 and I am impressed. I put it agains a Salvo 21W and...... it can hold its own... Keep in mind that the Salvo is $1000 vs DIY was $200. Definitely not a bad LED. Overall, the P7 is slightly dimmer, but not by much. The light circle projected 15 feet out is about the same as the Salvo's. I also put it against my $60 Oxycheq back up and the P7 is definitely better. The Oxycheq has about the same light intensity, however, the size of the beam is much smaller.

I am trying to figure out how to post pics of my tests. If anyone can help, I'll do it.

Here is the final product

IMG_0422.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I only wish I would have cut the Maglite smaller and done a little better job installing the latches on the canister. I would also like to build a hand held without canister... Overall, not bad for about $200.

Oh, on the left is the P7, the right is the almighty 21W Salvo LED and bottom is the very cheap, but nice Oxycheq Raider II back up ($60).. The Oxycheq is a great backup light same intensity, just not as much light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom