Question about Halcyon...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
not that i know of. i had to trim the edges off a regular dive table
to make it fit
Which table did you use? The PADI tables look like they may be cutting it close if you were to trim them. I'm actually considering scaning them in and printing them on waterproof paper at a smalller size.

Spoon:
i love halcyon but they are way overpriced
I agree, this notebook is way overpriced.

But I like the the space for the tables (one less thing to put in my pocket). And I really like the loops for holding I think up to 3 or 4 pencils.

I figure the initial cost is pretty high, but I'll cheap out and just buy packs of waterproof paper and cut it and punch the holes myself, when it comes time to refill.

I print off my deco schedules from V-Planner, then take them to Kinkos and reduce them and laminate them. They work fine in the notebook.

It's ridiculously overpriced. (So is a Lexus. So are lots of other things...)

I like mine anyway. It works great, holds my signal mirror, DAN card, tables (also reduced at Kinkos and laminated), deco schedules, and all the insulting notes I write to my dive buddies while hanging around on deco.

Does it get any better than this?

Thanks.

I've used them before and never had a problem, but after reading some of those posts...and hearing VT's story, I think I'll stick with EE.

I saw the notebook and was interested but then I got thinking... first why would you need 4 pencils underwater? If it lasts 3 years youll break even, but doesnt it use the same paper that wears out in 1 year? It holds your dive table (cool) and C card, why do you need your C card under water? I just looked up Richy wet notes and it has the plastic binding for easy page removal, why can you scan your dive tables and use a laser printer (toner suposedly water proof) to print on page. But the main question I have is (besides deco plans) who needs that many pages to write on under water? I have a dive rite multi page slate and I only use it to write down my dive profile, +10', +20'

Slates aren't DIR!!! Sorry, couldn't help it. Just kidding.

Actually I used to have one of those slates, but between computer, compass, dry glove rings, and being a short guy, I really don't have the room on my arms for a slate.

Plus since it doesn't get used all the time, a pocket is a better place for it.

It's not the ability to carry multiple pencils that I like, it's the fact that they aren't loose in your pocket or hanging off a piece of bungie. Well now that I think about it I guess since they aren't attached at all being able to carry a few is good in case you drop one.

Actually the notebooke should last for years. Being able to just buy packs of waterproof paper to use for refill would be a lot cheaper than new wet notes every year.

Doc Intrepid:
It's ridiculously overpriced.

ah... yes....

*hangs head in shame*

but it has the features i wanted, and it's high quality, and i love mine

H2Andy:
ah... yes....

*hangs head in shame*

but it has the features i wanted, and it's high quality, and i love mine

if you're happy with someting it's never overpriced...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom