question about dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat:
Hence our lesson in it.
Hence...going out to the internet to find out what went wrong.

Sounds like your suit seals are too big for you. First time I used one the shop gave me one two sizes too big for me, they don't usually care if you're fitted right or not as a student. They usually overweight you too which makes things even harder. I'd recommend you to ask them for another suit or tell you why thats happening. Also, you don't need to inflate to the point where you look like an inner tube, just barely enough to get the squeeze off of you. If they tell you to use your drysuit for buoyancy control don't do it, use your BCD. Also, don't worry so much about getting cold, your heart will be pumping so fast and you'll have so much adrenaline that you'll probably be hot.

You should not have pools of water in your DRYsuit.

JeffG:
Hence...going out to the internet to find out what went wrong.

Whatever, I'm not going to spend my time defending my instructor against some random faceless person on the internet that hasnt even observed my instructor in action.

I was asking a question. He's answered them already...I was just looking for opinions of other divers. No harm in that.

Anyway, laters dude.

funkyspelunker:
Sounds like your suit seals are too big for you. First time I used one the shop gave me one two sizes too big for me, they don't usually care if you're fitted right or not as a student. They usually overweight you too which makes things even harder. I'd recommend you to ask them for another suit or tell you why thats happening. Also, you don't need to inflate to the point where you look like an inner tube, just barely enough to get the squeeze off of you. If they tell you to use your drysuit for buoyancy control don't do it, use your BCD. Also, don't worry so much about getting cold, your heart will be pumping so fast and you'll have so much adrenaline that you'll probably be hot.

You should not have pools of water in your DRYsuit.

Yea, we are overweighted in the pool, and we were told to use the dry suit as a buoyancy control device. Oh, and I am already in the smallest drysuit they have. :p

SeanQ:
Hey Jeff - I think this dude is actually a lady. :D
Oops...Ok....No Problem Dudette :D

creamofwheat:
. He explained that the deeper we go, more pressure will be on the suit and the seals will probably be kept tight because of that.

Sounds like BS to me. Might work until you put some air in the suit to counter the squeeze and then you are back to square one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom