Question about CLX450 as first drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Bare XCD2... wanted the CLX450, but couldn't afford it.

Buddy has one and he looks slick in it. We call it the James Bond suit... his fits so well it looks like a custom tailored tux.

Gives me a major case of suit envy to dive with him =)

Oh.. and Robert - WTH??? You're wearing a drysuit and there's palm trees in the background? Something about that just doesn't seem right... it goes against the natural order.

-B

Hey Brandon,

Doesn't Bare make a boot system like DUI's Rockboots? If I am thinking of the right thing I have heard good things about them vs. the Rockboot.(I'm a Turbosole kid of guy so I'm just going on what I have been hearing from others) Might be something for the OP to check out.

Hank :coffee:

Oh.. and Robert - WTH??? You're wearing a drysuit and there's palm trees in the background? Something about that just doesn't seem right... it goes against the natural order.

-B

Natural order? This is Southern California man! :D

Pic was taken at the dive park in Avalon on Catalina Island. 75° air temp, but the water is 55°! It's not cold, it's "temperate" LOL!!

Ah, California. Our light comes from the Sun, but the water comes straight from Alaska!

I have the 450 and love it. I have had issues with wear on the bottom half though. In the crotch and the inside of the knees. I had a leak on the left leg due to this but it was repaired on the inside by DUI with little problem. I would like to add cf200 patches to the inside of the legs next to my knee pads but I am not sure if DUI will do this.

I would opt for the cordura bottom if I did it over again. The next time it goes in I am going to add a clover leaf crotch pad and another bellows pocket. I thought about elbow and butt pad but I do think they are needed for me.

I prefer the cf200 material to the Kevlar. I think DUI states it is tougher than the kevlar?

Your right, DUI does say the CF200 is tougher than Kevlar, though I suspect it is less flexible. Does the cloverleaf pad protect the upper inside areas of the legs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom