Question about breast implants & diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Sorry, and thanks - maybe you could remove the insult from post #1...?

I find your interpretation of post #1 entirely personal opinion, and we have plenty of them on this board. The poster who started this thread expressed their personal opinion about his friends point of view and considering the fact that they had to post on their behalf it sounds like it's based in fact. To call it an insult is in "my opinion" out of line. I did enjoy the alternative views expressed by vetdiver and that helps to round out the wide range of backgrounds on this subject. Clearly a vast portion of the original thread was totally out of line as was expressed by MANY people. Many thanks to SubMariner for clearing that up.

Exactly. The first post hardly said that "all" women with implants have them because they feel they have to boost their low self esteem. I personally know a woman that got them for that exact purpose and in conversations with her she has never tried to imply any other reason. Lorelli appears to know these women and it sounds like she knows this was purely cosmetic and not reconstructive. You have to read what was written and take it in context before becoming offended .

Joe

You implanted ladies can only hope you have little air bubbles in those babies... just think... as you ascend, your implants might expand and get bigger! Then again, if you only had an air pocket in one of them, you might look a little lopsided, but that could be fun too... like skiing moguls... While this all sounds like fun... there has not seemed to be any instances of this occurring... so go diving and have fun!

My sister had reconstruction surgery and has never has trouble diving even up to 130-150'. So I think "myth busted" so to speak.

I'm impressed that of you have taken a serious subject and kept it serious.

Its nice to keep abreast of things in here.

Happy Diving

I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction in July, finished chemo in December, and did a couple of dives on Cozumel two weeks ago. My doctors had no concerns and I had no problems. Cheers!

pigletfish:
I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction in July, finished chemo in December, and did a couple of dives on Cozumel two weeks ago. My doctors had no concerns and I had no problems. Cheers!

I am happy that you got over the illness. Here is wishing that you have conquered it for good!

I would think the scar tissue from the surgery would pose more increased risk than the implants themselves, which is still to say, not much.

OTOH, I am thinking that I have been going on the wrong dive trips. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom