Question about Aqualung Titan and water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you educate me on Titan vs. Titan LX (besides the ribbed heat exchanger JimmyC mentioned)? The local shop only carries Titan LX 2009, but no Titan. Thanks!

The Titan is a remade conshelf 2nd stage. Basic, bullet proof design. It is NOT a balanced design.

The Titan LX is the next step up with a Balanced LP chamber design and adjustment features.

Until depths of 80 to 90 feet (26 to 30 meters) you will not notice a single difference in breathing. beyond that most people are able to tell a difference in how smooth a balanced 2nd stage is over an unbalanced if they are switching back and forth.

It is not an issue to most divers and if you are using the Titan you will not have a hard time breathing. It will function very well far beyond the recreational depths.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
The Titan is a remade conshelf 2nd stage. Basic, bullet proof design. It is NOT a balanced design.

The Titan LX is the next step up with a Balanced LP chamber design and adjustment features.

Until depths of 80 to 90 feet (26 to 30 meters) you will not notice a single difference in breathing. beyond that most people are able to tell a difference in how smooth a balanced 2nd stage is over an unbalanced if they are switching back and forth.

It is not an issue to most divers and if you are using the Titan you will not have a hard time breathing. It will function very well far beyond the recreational depths.

Hope that helps.

Are you talking about the first or second stage? The Titan first stage is a balanced diaphragm design, as were all its Conshelf predecessors.

steffi,

The MK25/G250V is a top notch regulator, if you buy from leisure pro you will NOT have the free parts for life program that ScubaPro offers. I have no idea if leisure pro has the same type of program but the price from them may offset a vew service visits to the local shop. Even if you don't like it and decide to get rid of it you will have no problem getting a good price for it. A lot of techies love that setup especially if it's DIN. Feel free to PM me and I can give you more info you can use

Are you talking about the first or second stage? The Titan first stage is a balanced diaphragm design, as were all its Conshelf predecessors.

Sorry I hurried my response, second stage specifically. Both the Titan and Titan LX use the same first stage.

Just to bring this alive for INFO, I had a Freeze-up in one of my AN training dives in a lake at 8*C / 46*F while deploying the SMB ( I guess I press to long the regulator ) my Instructor warned me about the possibility of freeze-up with my regulators, since they had not heat exchangers, Now I'm upgrading my Titan LX regulators to DIN and Supreme configuration, to make them more reliable.

Aqualung Parts Catalog
DIN adapter kit ACD 2013> # 129023
DIN adapter kit ACD <2012 # 128142
Supreme Dry kit Titan LX # 128143

Make a great regulator > better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom