Quarry Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After looking at a lot of this I wonder what it woud take for SB to have a database of sorts on the site to look up non ocean dive sites with pertinate info and pics as a means of a site locater. I lnow I would get out more if i knew there was a 50' quarry 40 miles from me. Its done somewhat with the singles form. so why not?????? I see lots of benifits in this. Clearly a better look at landlocked diving compared to what is now available. I am sure that the dir wall pales in the shadow of the fresh/salt water comunities wall.

This site isn't bad. This is the link for Texas but they have world wide listings. Texas - Diving in Texas, United States of America - Wannadive.net - World dive site atlas

After looking at a lot of this I wonder what it woud take for SB to have a database of sorts on the site to look up non ocean dive sites with pertinate info and pics as a means of a site locater. I lnow I would get out more if i knew there was a 50' quarry 40 miles from me. Its done somewhat with the singles form. so why not?????? I see lots of benifits in this. Clearly a better look at landlocked diving compared to what is now available. I am sure that the dir wall pales in the shadow of the fresh/salt water comunities wall.

There are already sites that do that such as divebuddy.com and divespots.com

Nearest me is a sinkhole that's been converted to a dive site. Similar to a quarry from the sound of it, just not man made. Mine's 130' deep and has a rowboat and a car at the bottom. It also features both a significant thermocline and a halocline.

hudsongrottosign.jpg

My favorite place to dive in MN/WI is a quarry in WI that typically has great clarity (compared to MOST lakes in the region). Lake Superior has great clarity when I get up there to dive too. The quarry I dive is also nice in that it is ~355ft deep so that you can get full Tri-Mix certified there (not that I am). It's actually considered the deepest inland lake in WI and is rated 2nd for clarity in WI by the DNR.

Back
Top Bottom