Quarry dives...do you log them as "official dives"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove the quarry in Huntsville Alabama that had a missile in it. It was pretty cool. The also have a sunken boat and other stuff. Lots of fun. Quarries are cool but the Gulf of Mexico is better.

Your log book is YOUR LOG BOOK. I (unfortunately) rely on my computer to keep track of all my dives and only make notes in my actually log book pertaining to any particular days dive that I want to remember. Every so often I will print out my dives and stuff it in my logbook. Not very neat, sometimes I wish I had taken the time to meticulously log every dive.......but then my gear usually dosn't get very dry, either. It rarely makes it out of the dive gear transport vehicle at home.

I log anything that's not in a pool. Hey, it's YOUR log. What do you feel most comfortable with?

Quarries should be logged. They are great for training. Yes they are not the ocean, but the conditions can be chalengeing. I use Dutch Springs and it is full of fish and plenty of different types of wrecks, most were intentionally sunk but they are there. It is a lake as much as any other natural lake.

you mean there are places to dive BESIDES quarries???? :D

Sometimes here in Ohio, the quarry water gets to me (!) COUNT THEM and enjoy the dives.

Kevin

All I can say is check out the name. :D

Let's look at this comparison:

Diving in Tahiti:

79 degrees, 100+ visibility, 40-50 feet

Diving in the local quary:

50 degrees (or colder), less than 5-10 feet visibility, 40-50 feet.

Which dives should I log?

I'm still a newbie, so I erroneously logged dives in both locations.

v/r

Jan

I´ve never been in a quarry, if I were to dive one I´d log it for sure...

Back
Top Bottom