Quarries in St. Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAWISA1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been doing some searching and have found a couple of water filled quarries in St. Louis County and St. Charles County. Both are currently operatred by Fred Weber. The site in St. Louis County is probably the best as it is no longer being dug and is only being used as an offload location for river dredging. Does anyone have any experience in negotiating with them tp possibly check out the site?

I'd bet if they're dumping material they dredged up in there the vis would be near 0. Of course you never know until you dive it.

The river site looks to be clear. The sand they are dredging up is piles up on the bank ready to be picked up for construction uses. I am trying to post a picture of it but am unable. Does anyone know how to do this?

I was able to pull up an aerial photo of the site that was taken last year. It looks like the bottom site is about 700' x 700'. The elongated one is about 500' wide X 1400'+ long. Take a look and tell me what you think.
6-20-04.jpg

Until you check out the sites, you never know about the visibility and water quality....

I have also taken the same paths to access to the local quarries. There is no luck... They didn't used to welcome the divers at all......

Diving will not be allowed. They bury their competitors in those pits.

:wink:

If you get permission and need a buddy to investigate, give me a pm!

theskull

Back
Top Bottom