Quacker Noise Maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have noticed a tendency for him to want me to get VERY close to large green eels and stingrays! And I don't understand why he keeps swimming up behind me and reaching for my tank valve...
You should probably return the favour and make sure he gets a close look at the attractions the next time you're doing a shark dive, by putting some dead fish in his BCD pockets.

I absolutely understand divers dislike for these devices underwater but I am at the point that I am considering one (well maybe not really). When I dive with my buddy I am essentially diving alone. I have tried every other signally device that I know of, and even invented a few, and nothing gets his attention!
Try using a cattle prod. That will get his attention. Best used prior to the dive before he gets his dive suit on.
Cattle prod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My Diving Safety Officer would use it to get the attention of his class during our sci dive training. He only used it in his pool set up, when we were all in the vicinity with our heads down in our slates and transects.

Not insinuating anything......but the quacker stopped working unexpectedly one day.

I don't think it would attract dolphins. Did you see any come up to the diver? Did you see any of them abruptly change direction to even indicate enough curiosity or recognition to investigate? Nope, they just happened to be passing and the DM thought he'd be clever. The pitch and frequency is completely off from a dolphin's call anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom