Qd for p valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi. I just bought an oxycheq qd for my p valve. It only blocks on the female end - in other words, on disconnect the urine will drip out of the catheter. I thought from the posts on here that there are pv qd's that block both ends, but those posts are old and the links are bad. What do others use and recommend?

McMaster-Carr has some qd's that work. They have two kinds of qd's: one that has a valve the closes on disconnect, and another valveless variety.

Go to McMaster-Carr

Go to Fittings, Pipe, Tubing and Hose

Go to Quick-Disconnect Tube Couplings

The couplings come up right at the top: NSF-Certified White Acetal Quick-Disconnect Tube Couplings

Thanks. Ironically, it turns out that the McMaster-Carr is what Oxycheq is selling as its QD, except that Oxycheq uses a different model that does not close and has a slightly smaller connector for the catheter.

hi. I just bought an oxycheq qd for my p valve. It only blocks on the female end - in other words, on disconnect the urine will drip out of the catheter. I thought from the posts on here that there are pv qd's that block both ends, but those posts are old and the links are bad. What do others use and recommend?

Cheburashka

The part with the valve goes on the hose (Larger - Females section) and the part without the valve (Smaller - Male section) connects to the catheter.

There is no reason to have a check valve on the catheter side. If you have to much urine in the catheter I would suggest that you look to see how much open space you have in the tip when wearing. Take a look at the directions on the package of the catheter on how you put on. This will reduce the amount of air/urine space in the tip of the catheter. Also, before disconnecting the QD pinch the tip of the catheter to push the rest of the urine into the P-Valve.

Nailuchshiye pozhelaniya,

Dwain

There is no reason to have a check valve on the catheter side.
I have a check on that side, and I like it. I have 4" of hose coming from the cath end before the QR. Makes it super easy to deal with. When I want to pee through, I have a flow-through insert I snap in.

I have a check on that side, and I like it. I have 4" of hose coming from the cath end before the QR. Makes it super easy to deal with. When I want to pee through, I have a flow-through insert I snap in.
and do you remember the thread where it killed you to say that I was right about quick disconnect's?

:wink:

and do you remember the thread where it killed you to say that I was right about quick disconnect's?

Sheesh, Jeff! I already have one wife who reminds me like that, thank you.

Just to clarify - do you have female or male part on your cath side? Did you swap anything around? Trying to decide which way I install mine and how many extra bits to order. I want check valves on both ends too, and plan to carry separate pee-thru/flush bits separately.

I'm curious: why did you add the 4" of hose between cath and qd?

I'm curious: why did you add the 4" of hose between cath and qd?

Easy dealing with the situation in public places without always looking like your fumbling around with your hands in your shorts all the time. A couple of hoses in your hands at belly-button level go unnoticed to the average onlooker. It's the same total length of hose from source to valve, I just have the placement of the qr down the length some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom