Putting on thick wetsuit - oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CREME RINSE (hair conditioner) WORKED!!! I made a 50/50 mix of creme rinse and water and put it in a little spray bottle that I got at walmart for 97 cents. I sprayed the first 12 inches or so of the insides of the leg and arm holes. My dh just sprayed it on his arms and legs - I thought it rubbed off when I tried it this way - when the mix is actually on the neoprene the whole thing slides better. Anyway, this worked great! I still had issues getting it off - no neck injury but the zipper on the left armed scratched up my hand as I was pulling it off. I'll make adjustments to keep that from happening again. All in all, not bad. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful hints!

Well I am happy for you. Sadly I tried the same thing but with disappointing results. I sprayed the insides of my nice thick 4th Element Arctic undergarments before putting them on last time and found them to be no easier to get on but they were a slippery, stinky and sweaty mess after the dive :D.

Yep - I did turn the arms and legs partially inside out - and I think that was a big part of what helped too. I think the seals on my ankles are so tight that nothing will drip into my boots! We hadn't thought to bring something to stand on but we had one of those sun shields that we use in our front windshield of the truck - worked in a pinch. Another lesson learned ... there are so many.

Well I am happy for you. Sadly I tried the same thing but with disappointing results. I sprayed the insides of my nice thick 4th Element Arctic undergarments before putting them on last time and found them to be no easier to get on but they were a slippery, stinky and sweaty mess after the dive :D.

Maybe it's the difference between plain-old neoprene and whatever the undergarments are made of? Sorry it didn't work for you. Love "Sink the Stink" though ...

Back
Top Bottom