Putting on Henderson instadry wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmcnee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have tips for getting in and out of the Henderson instadry wetsuit more easily? Have you used Sportslick around wrists and ankles or other product to ease the glide?

Dry on dry or wet on wet; I've found the latter much easier when donning. When diving from a boat, I will dunk the suit in the water and then myself...a few tugs and the suit is on.

When this wasn't an option, I've found this product helpful; baby shampoo, I've read, works just as well...and it's cheaper.
http://www.moosejuice.com/?pageName=SuitJuice

I used the suit juice when I first got my suit and found it worked well. Here's the cool thing, over time, the suit is really much easier to get on and doesn't even require anything to help lube things up, all the while it's still nice and snug. I guess some people describe it as the memory. However, I still just make sure I towel dry the inside of the suit right after a dive and it's sure to be easy to get into for the next dive.

I've heard about "memory" I'll just have to have faith that it will be easier!!! Going on Naia liveaboard to Fiji so love the concept of putting on a sit that is DRY!! Goiing to buy the suit juice today.

CAUTION - Be very careful using anything other than water to "lub" the suit on a boat as it will also "lub" the deck, making it quite slippery for all that pass by. It has happened in the past.

CAUTION - Be very careful using anything other than water to "lub" the suit on a boat as it will also "lub" the deck, making it quite slippery for all that pass by. It has happened in the past.

That's a great point.

On a side note, the case will get you a lot of comments like, "That's the biggest laptop case I've ever seen," or "It's nice to see you bring your work with you;" in reference to it looking liking a briefcase. :)

Back
Top Bottom