Purchase this USED tank?

Purchase USED Luxar AL80 for $150

• YES...purchase the used tank

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • NO...stay away from the used tank

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd also find another lds if that one is trying to sell you a used tank for 150 bucks. What else are they shafting you on? And even if you have no body fat at all a steel single is not going to overweight you.

Ditto - took the words out of my mouth. There is nothing wrong with someone making a profit but do not let them screw you in the process.

I will NOT purchase this used tank. I went to a different LDS today and inquired about a tank as well as a few other things. My main questions for the sales rep were with regulators. This is because you folks have pretty much influenced me to purchase a new Worthington steel HP100 tank. However, I went ahead and hit him up on the tanks as well just for good measure.

The HP100 he said that his store sells are manufactured by PST.(PST-Scuba - products) He guesstamated $300-325. He said he could get one in for me to try out free of charge if I like.

The other store that had the used tank weve been discussing could get new Worthington HP100 for roughly $375.

Once again, I cant thank you folks enough for your replies and advice!

I see the thread is old but anyways I will put what I have been warned. I spoke to my friend who is a commercial diver here in Toronto and he gave me this info about used tanks. I believe it applicable mostly to the steel tanks. He told me that some tech divers do the following things: they buy a new tank, install extra burst disks and pump the air to 5000psi. After 4-5 years of using them this way they just sell them for half the price w/o doing any hydro. So later the tank fails the next or the second hydro. He warned me about purchasing a used tank that as he knows few people who do that. Hope that will helps

Back
Top Bottom