Pump House Lake Keowee Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure on the dimensions but it is a decent size building.
UpstateToday.com - Upstate South Carolina's leading news and information web site | The Daily Journal, Daily Messenger, Upstate Lake Living, Golden Corner Shopper

I have only done one dive on the pump house and did not get to see a lot.(9-13-09) The viz was only 5' and the depth was 72'. The water temp was 82 degree.

It is easy to find from Keowee Marina. You leave the Marina headed to open water and there is a lone buoy with reflective tape on it, on the left side of the lake heading straight out toward the camp grounds.

Deepest side of the pump house is 84 feet with normal levels and the top is 42 feet. it is three stories tall on a hill slope. the longest side is 72 feet across of actual building but if you count the concrete storage area its at least 200 feet long i have pictures of it before it was flooded if you pm me an email address

Back
Top Bottom