Pulled the trigger on a Whites Fusion Tech dry suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcoreytaylor

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone -

This week I took part in a Whites "Demo Day" at my LDS. I've been working on my dry suit certification and have been diving in a bi-laminate Whites (not a fusion) with the escape valve on the left forearm. Man, what a difference it was when I tried the Whites Fusion! Unbelievable. The range of motion compared to the bi-lam was incredible. Also, having the escape valve on the left shoulder seemed to work so much better for me. It took a bit more effort to don the suit, however that will not be problem as I get used to the Whites "concept" and don/doff the suit a few more times for practice.

I ordered the Fusion skin because Whites is offering a great package deal in conjunction with their Demo Day. At the demo event I actually dove the Bullet skin (which I liked better because it doesn't have all of the eye-soar graphics down the arms), however the Fusion fits my requirements better and the package deal made the purchase more accessible (although I don't know how I'm going to break the news of my new expensive purchase to my non-diving wife!).

In any event I just wanted to give a bit of support to one of our Canadian dive industry members (Whites - made in Victoria, BC). I'm looking forward to the suit - not the graphics... oh well - and can't wait to do my first dive in it.

Cheers!
Corey :canada:

I think you'll be very happy with your suit. I am still happy with mine, two and a half years later.

Fusion Ftw cant go wrong with it.Getting it on seemed akward the first few times but is really easy once you have gotten used to it.

I love my Fusion (LE Tech Skin). You'll absolutely love yours!

I wont' take possession of my suit for another week or two as I'm have it made-to-order; neoprene neck seal (instead of latex) and optional pockets installed). I'm diving tomorrow in one from my LDS - it's one size larger than I need but it's the only one he has in stock at the moment. We'll see how it goes. If it was any suit other than a Fusion I'd be a little concerned about how large it would be, however the Fusion suits fit so well that I should be ok until I get my proper size suit.

Cheers

Looks like you will be ready to go ice fishing, underwater!

Drysuits rock.

This morning's dry suit dive went well (although maybe only 5' viz in the water and 88 Fahrenheit on the beach in a dry suit with thermal undergarments!). The fusion rocked!

Ok - here's an update:

It gets worse! (for my pocket book, that is :shocked2:). My Fusion Tech w neoprene neck seal finally arrived today. So of course I went down to pick it up and ended up upgrading the from the Tech skin to the Bullet skin!!

My wife is going to kill me!!! :shakehead:

On the upside, I'm going to be able to get some diving in on a work trip to Nanaimo and Victoria BC next month. What an awesome way to break in the new suit!

Cheers!
Corey

I've just got the sport skin on mine, but just as soon as I wear it out I'm going to try out one of the fancier skins.

I keep taking it on wrecks and such hoping to wear it out faster.

It's not working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom