Pull Tabs for spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the commercial models have nice molded jobs. Some people need something to grab onto, various gripping problems such as arthritis. I don't have any way to make or get anything like that, but I did cook up a way to make something to serve the purpose using braided nylon line.

Pics came out bad, but you still can see:

pulltab1.jpg

pulltab2.jpg

This was simply an experiment on one of my fins. I removed it, as I don't need it. Any that I make for someone else to use will have the ends of the line trimmed closely.

Anyway, they're simple to make so anyone who has straps without anything could easily add these to them. You just need some 1/8 inch braided nylon line & know how to tie a double constrictor knot.

You are one clever dude, you know that? :wink:

Yea, a nimble fingered cave line tying man.---a dying breed.

I don't have a picture handy but on our DIY spring straps I added these fin keepers:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...vSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=False&Hit=1

I burned 2 small holes in the tubing for a tie-wrap to keep the centered. The fastex clip connects to the pair of mates on our BC. My wife and I have free hands getting in and out of the water and only need to deal with 1 fin at a time. I sould get some pictures some time. The connector makes a good pull pab when donning and doffing the fins.

The connectors are opposites so on a skindive the fins clip tigether for easier carrying.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom