Pull Gloves over Zip Seals, No Additions required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw this online. It says it pulls over the Zip Seals and don't need any additions. Anyone know anything about these? I'm assuming you still need to put the Viking/Si-tech system to pull over. But all the information provided says no...

Heavy duty pull up dry suit gloves.

I saw this online. It says it pulls over the Zip Seals and don't need any additions. Anyone know anything about these? I'm assuming you still need to put the Viking/Si-tech system to pull over. But all the information provided says no...

Heavy duty pull up dry suit gloves.

Yes, you need the Viking rings. I can’t imagine the ZipSeal ring being stiff enough to keep the gloves sealed.

I have the Viking rings on my new DUI with the ZipSeals. Works great.

The round hard rings will for sure work with pull over "dishwasher" gloves. I’ve never tried with just pulling them over the zip seals, but may just give it a shot tomorrow and report back. Those gloves look just like the normal g17k’s from ansell or zoro.

It does seem like zip rings would be too flimsy to work this way, but if it says so on the internet it must be true.

The round hard rings will for sure work with pull over "dishwasher" gloves. I’ve never tried with just pulling them over the zip seals, but may just give it a shot tomorrow and report back. Those gloves look just like the normal g17k’s from ansell or zoro.

It does seem like zip rings would be too flimsy to work this way, but if it says so on the internet it must be true.

Yes, try it with the glove over the zip seals and let us know. Curious myself.

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this everyone. Pretty early when I left out this morning and I forgot the gloves (they weren’t on my checklist). I wish I’d had them. 50 minutes at 39 degrees was chilly in 5mm wet gloves.

No worries. Whenever you get to try them, I'll be waiting to hear the results!

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this everyone. Pretty early when I left out this morning and I forgot the gloves (they weren’t on my checklist). I wish I’d had them. 50 minutes at 39 degrees was chilly in 5mm wet gloves.

I had 38F today on two short ice dives, but I had dry gloves!

You do not need rings for pullovers with zip gloves. They will stretch directly over the zip ring. I used to dive this way when I used pullover gloves.

You do not need rings for pullovers with zip gloves. They will stretch directly over the zip ring. I used to dive this way when I used pullover gloves.
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom