Pulau Aur - New option to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a secret - try doing the "join waiting list" on a scheduled trip that is fully booked. Add in a note that you'd be willing to go into any accomodation. That works sometimes and since most trips are full or close to it until the end of the manta / whaleshark season at the Seven Skies, there are chances. Vincent doesn't add people for Phuket trips though so forget them. The old White Manta (now the DiveRace) is less expensive too. Also, the new White Manta will have a few "budget" cabins for customers on the lowest deck but the pricing has not been worked out yet so I don't know how "budget" that means.

My work commitment makes it more difficult for me to go AUR nowadays. Will definitely explore the idea of diving at Pulau Sibu. Good luck for your venture.

Btw Zippsy, do you have any idea what happened to finsonline?

Btw Zippsy, do you have any idea what happened to finsonline?

It died a natural death with not a bang, but a whisper. Once it was an e-zine, that part was doing well but not well enough to keep it going. I think the website renewal fee was due so the owner let it expire. He offered to let the forum continue but the deal probably was that it needed a new sponsor. The next thing I know, itwas off-line with nary a goodbye.

Here's a secret - try doing the "join waiting list" on a scheduled trip that is fully booked. Add in a note that you'd be willing to go into any accomodation. That works sometimes and since most trips are full or close to it until the end of the manta / whaleshark season at the Seven Skies, there are chances. Vincent doesn't add people for Phuket trips though so forget them. The old White Manta (now the DiveRace) is less expensive too. Also, the new White Manta will have a few "budget" cabins for customers on the lowest deck but the pricing has not been worked out yet so I don't know how "budget" that means.

Which is a good deal for those on a budget, but at the expense of the customers who pay full price and get a more crowded environment...

Yes, that is what I dislike about the Singapore Liveaboards to Seven Skies. They overpack the boat most of the trips and it is the customers that pay listed prices that have to suffer the overcrowding!

Meal times are a squeeze and no chance of finding a quiet corner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom