Puget Sound -- Pics from first year UW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Since restarting my diving experience last July, I've had the fun of taking lots of pictures/snapshots of things I've seen. While some have been posted now and then, I finally tried to get the "Best Of" shots put together into one website.

Here are some of the things you will see if/when you dive the crystal clear, warm waters of Puget Sound.

BTW, corrections/additions to the ID's of the critters are appreciated. In addition, I'm quite curious as to how many different critters you'll find in the three "Find the critters" pictures -- please list what you find.

Thanks for posting these, I love the pair of wolf eels. You seem to have an eye for finding nudi's Some I haven't seen yet. Sometimes I think I am blind down there:D

Great pics Peter. I "restarted" my diving in April last year and I'm hooked all over again.

Were these pictures all taken with that same little digital you had when I was visiting? The are really very good for and rather inexpensive camera. I'm impressed.

A nice collection, Peter. My favorite was the golden dorid. The wolfies were great, too. (Lynne with SMB was a chuckler)

Dave

PS Camera info?

Peter Guy:
Since restarting my diving experience last July, I've had the fun of taking lots of pictures/snapshots of things I've seen. While some have been posted now and then, I finally tried to get the "Best Of" shots put together into one website.

Here are some of the things you will see if/when you dive the crystal clear, warm waters of Puget Sound.

BTW, corrections/additions to the ID's of the critters are appreciated. In addition, I'm quite curious as to how many different critters you'll find in the three "Find the critters" pictures -- please list what you find.

Great pictures Peter. That really gets my blood pumping for my trip.

R..

Rob, it is a real bummer that we won't meet either when you are here or when we are in Amsterdam!

I suppose I should have put camera info in:

The pictures taken in 2005 -- Minolta DiMage Xg with Minolta housing

The pictures taken in 2006 -- Canon S80 with Canon housing

All editing done in PhotoShop Elements 3 -- mostly cropping/adjusting levels/sharpening

I'm still waiting to get a decent GPO picture. The one time I've come across several that were "picture friendly" I didn't have a camera!

Peter Guy:
Rob, it is a real bummer that we won't meet either when you are here or when we are in Amsterdam!

I know. The irony in this is indescribable.

R..

I am looking at the pictures, wondering about the "egg1" picture. What creature belongs to this "egg1"? I saw one in Cove 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom