Review Puff Wonders of the Reef. (Netflix)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the title on Netflix and assumed it was a kid oriented documentary. While you could certainly watch it with kids, it was really a beautifully shot doc about the small inhabitants of the Great Barrier Reef. The focal character was a larval puffer growing up in its first year of life. Cinematography was gorgeous and well written it was 90 minutes well spent While waiting for the days to lengthen…

Was it just me or was there a good bit of UV video in there as well. They didn't seem to get into the technicality of the shoot, like you said "all ages sort of show". I would like to see a behind the scenes doc on the doc

Was it just me or was there a good bit of UV video in there as well. They didn't seem to get into the technicality of the shoot, like you said "all ages sort of show". I would like to see a behind the scenes doc on the doc
Netflix has a pretty good track record for the “how we shot this“ accompanying short.

Netflix has a pretty good track record for the “how we shot this“ accompanying short.
Just pulled it up last night with my dive partner/missus. Made the mistake of watching it during dinner. Food got cold. We couldn't keep our eyes off the TV screen. Thanks for the recommendation.

ohhh this is the second time in 2 days I've heard this recommendation. Might be watching it tonight.

Thanks for the review, Rich. I have been reluctant to watch it for the same reason you said: it sounded like it was aimed at kids. I didn't care for My Octopus Teacher. I think I'll watch this one, though. Juvenile puffers, eh?

I can't imagine any enthusiastic diver not enjoying this documentary.

Just finished watching. Amazing macrophotography. Other than calling the fish “Puff,” I was pleased they resisted getting too far from traditional documentary format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom