Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirensong

Reaction score
Has anyone every been diving in Puerto Vallarta? Is it worth it? I'm going with a non-diver, but want to get some dives in if I can. Any advice you have would be appreciated! :10:

Thanks!!

Melissa

It's OK... We went with Chico's Dive shop... There's a manta dive, that is like a 45 minute boat ride - the site is called "marietas"

According to my logs.. the water temp in Jan was 75F. Viz was about 20'

For the most part... the dive sites weren't that great in PV... but our DM was excellent, made the most of what it was....

In my notes in my logbook i wrote

"Decent dive site, but not very colorful. Cool formations, and some interesting fish, but not a lot. I wouldn't recommend diving in P.V. unless you're here, and want to dive."

So if you're there... check it out, but if you're going there to dive... there are better destinations.

I agree with Howard. I was there about 11 years ago and what I remember is about the same. I wouldn't make a special trip to go diving there again but hey, if you're there anyways, any dive is a good dive. Make the best and have fun!!

As already mentioned, PV is not a place I would "plan" a trip to but the diving is decent. I dove with Chico's and Vallarta Adventures. Both were good, but very different. Chico's was strickly a dive outfit and Vallarta Adventures was diving along with a cruise and lunch at their own private beach.

sirensong:
Has anyone every been diving in Puerto Vallarta? Is it worth it? I'm going with a non-diver, but want to get some dives in if I can. Any advice you have would be appreciated! :10:

Thanks!!

Melissa

I used to live there. The diving can get pretty good, it is not Cozumel but I am sure that you will have a great time. You should go to Marietas Island. If you want contact me and I will help you there.

I live in PV for about 9 months a year. There are a lot of great dive sites, while it is not Cozumel there are lots of BIG Mantas, Humpbacks, dolphins and more, especially at certain times of the year. The people are great and there are many land based activities as well. You might want to give it a try.

Go there, you are gonna have a good time. It is not the best place in the world, but the diving can get pretty good, specially in the Marietas Island. If you decide to go let me know, I know many people there.

Rod.

I hate to bully into her post but I am going down next thurs and am trying to get more info about PV. I am stayin at Club Regina. and looking to dive either Ocean Quest or Chicos. I'll be down 11days is there enought diving to keep me busy? What other good activities are there for the week? Water Temp? Is the this Hurricane hitting Cabo going to effect PV?

Try Twin Dolphins. I'm going back down tomorrow and will be diving with them almost every day for the next month or so. There will be lots to keep you busy. PM me for my Mexican cell if you like.
Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom