Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There’s an international airport on the NW corner of the island in Aguadilla. When I looked into planning a trip in the past I was hoping it would be possible to fly there from Boston with just one stop someplace, but I couldn’t make it work. One of those not enough flights with the right airlines or times things. Has anyone flown into there rather than San Juan?
Out of curiosity I looked up the airport. The Wikipedia entry of all the history is interesting, and talks about very recent plans to expand the airport. (Also about previous plans to expand the airport, unclear if any of it happened.)
Yes, we flew into Aguadilla Airport from Baltimore BWI as your one stop connection back in 2019. Don't know if they still have that route/flight.

Cool! Where did you go and what did you see? Would love to hear about it!

I go to PR at least once a year. We stay in Rincon most of the time these days as we feel relaxed and comfortable in that area. Great restaurants, cool bars, and good shore dives at both Steps Marine Reserve and the wall just off shore a mile or two south. There is also one Op that boats to Desecheo daily for two tank dives. Mona is a three day boat dive when available.
Took this to show how the reef is recovering since Maria and posted earlier in another thread.

From our last trip, shore diving North West of the island

79903049-085B-4649-8439-939B5FE79274.jpeg

The rain Forest - El Yunque. Is a US National Park with 29,000 acres, it is one of the smallest in size, yet one of the most biologically diverse.

upload_2021-9-1_13-44-49.png

upload_2021-9-1_13-45-28.png

Like Bonaire/Curaçao where you can get a package deal for air and rent a car/truck and drive to various locations and dive, not from a boat or on someone else’s schedule.
You would have to contact the LDS directly and see if they provide unlimited air tanks, and what are their restrictions.

You would have to contact the LDS directly and see if they provide unlimited air tanks, and what are their restrictions.
Any likely contacts? Not likely that I’ll be traveling to that area soon and I’m pretty happy with curaçao but it never hurts to have options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom