Puerto Rico Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rosebud

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're tossing around the idea of a dive trip to Puerto Rico (cheap to get there from FL.) and need some input. Anyone been diving there lately? Need to know where to go and where to stay, and if the diving is worth the trip. Thanks!

Puerto Rico Diving

I'd start with this thread, and maybe get back to some of the posters there. As it indicates, we've been to PR once, and dove the west side out of Rincon. From what I understand, the diving over there is very weather-dependent, and you need to check with the dive ops regarding the conditions.

If you find yourself coming over to Vieques I can give you the rundown on our little island off Mainland PR. It does take a bit of work to get here.

Rooster
Nan-Sea Charters
Vieques, PR

Rosebud,
When are you going? We like the Rincon area (quieter west end of the island) and the diving at Desecheo is super. We stayed at Villa Cofresi the last two trips. It's not fancy, but the restaurant and bar are to our taste, the room we had was spacious, and the view can't be beat. Parguera has great diving too. Gotta have calm seas 'cause both of those are a bit offshore and the boats aren't so big. There are other sites to dive around PR, but these are the best. Topside activities are more plentiful in other parts of the island. The San Juan area is not good for diving.

last year i went to PR. Stayed by Boqeron, they have one dive operator there pirate divers. Superb@@@!!! we dove all over the place/, often i was only a guy on a boat :).

Desecheo was nice but we had snorklers and divers on same boat. nice though.

Thanks for the video and input. The reefs look healthy/shallow (elkhorn coral/ surge). We'll check out the Boqeron area!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom