Puerto Galero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi_diver

Reaction score
I am trying to setup a dive trip to Puerto Gallero. I was looking at a place called divevip resorts. The website address is Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive VIP Resort. I just wanted to know if this place is clean and safe. If you do know reliable places in Puerto Gallero please let me know. Also let me know the easiest way to get there and how much it would cost. I believe this resort comes and picks people from the airport I am not usre what the charges are but any information would be helpful. I will be travelling this month approx May 14-May22.
mahalo

We just got back from a week stay at Atlantis Resort. It was a very nice resort and the staff there is incredible, from the waiters to the dive masters. They picked us up at the airport and took us to the resort. Not sure on a price for you, we stayed 2 weeks total with a week a Dumaguete also. The diving there is awesome tho.

Try Sabang Divers (old Sabang Inn). They can coordinate transportation, room, equipment, etc and are mid-level priced. It is run by Euros (oh well) and is a good operation.

Atlantis, El Galleon, Out Of The Blue villas an dPortofino to name those that I know of.

I'm pretty sure they all offer a pick up service, my guess is about $100 each way.

Now, 150usd (6000peso) one way. no discount if u ask for return trip.

That's gone up...

Is that with a Filipino/Filipina haggling? Or is that the tourist rate?

I liked El Galleon/Asia Divers. Nice hotel, good restraunt on-site, swimming pool, far enough from Sabang to cut down on the noise, but close enough to walk without to much problem. The Point Bar which has probably the best view you'll find there. Suggest you have a small flashlight for coming back at night if you go to Sabang.

Asia Divers is top notch and I think offers the most dives per day (five). They also have their own pier which makes things a little easier.

They do offer pickup service, but I wouldn't recommend it... to expensive!

Personally I took the bus. My flight arrived late at night. I went from the airport to the hotel. Next morning took a taxi to the bus station. I caught a bus to Batangas ferry terminal, and then a ferry to Sabang. Less than 1500 pesos total. I had to pay for an extra seat on the bus for my bag. I'd rather save my money for diving :)

You can find cheaper... just depends on what you want.

HI,
I have dived with Vip dive resort. The shop is not big though. You will gear up at the pathway where people passes. Because their dip tank is right there by the pathway. I had a good time diving with them. But the problem is that they don;'t have their own boat and you have to wait for the boat coming from asia divers which is their sister company and John ( the manager) says.
The dive boat is an outrigger boat. If you are used to them its ok. Diving rate for locals like me is cheap around 800 pesos. I'm not sure how much they will charge you? I think it's around $25-30 per dive.
sorry , I don't know the bus rate going to puerto. I take my own car and park it at the pier,
Hope this helps.

TAKE THE BUS!!
$150 is a huge rip-off. Take the bus from Manila to the Batangas pier, then get a boat to Sabang beach. This may total $20, not much more. With this $ diffenence, how many dives can you get?
I think most, if not all, of the boats are outriggers.
Don't forget to do the Verde Is. Passway, there is an extra charge for diving this sanctuary, but a far better deal than having your resort pick you up from Manila.

Thanks for all the input. I heard that Atlantis and Asia divers are the best but they charge more and there are equally good dive operations there. I did not realize that Atlantis and Asia had their own hotel. Anybody know how much they paid for a five night stay and dive package??? I would rather get a taxi or a bus to the pier and go to Sabang like H2Odragon suggested. Do the taxi's go by a fixed price or do you have to haggle??

Back
Top Bottom