Puerto Galeras Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As promised here is my report on Puerto Galeras.

My intention was never to stay in the Philippines. I had a layover on my way to Palau and at the very last minute I decided to stay and check it out. I remember 1 day before my flight back to Manila I asked on this forum the place I should go, dive, sleep, etc.

Well everybody I met and my pinoy friends back at home begged me not to go to the Philippines. Now I know why...

Below are the reasons they told me why I should not go:
1.-Too dangerous and too corrupt
2.-The women are very ugly
3.-It's very dirty and too polluted.
4.-Diving Sucks..too much current, too murky, too cold

After spending a few days in the Philippines I could not agree more. I could not wait to leave the country. All the ugly women. (yikes), the water was like 10C, murky with a lot of human sponges, baklas everywhere..

So if you are thinking about going to the Philippines...Please DO NOT GO!!!!. In the meantime I am booking my flight back; just so I can make the country safer, help the woman become more beautiful and clean up the ocean. All these on my own...and no I dont need any help. :D

I have to go back to PG again in May and October. There is NO sea-life there, repeat, NO sea life there. And please ignore my Philippine pictures thread... I...uh... Well, just don't look.

So you want it all to yourself do you, sorry, some of know the truth about the place, the people, and the diving.:D
Good try though :wink:

You forgot to mention how expensive it is also, especially the rum, come on 60 cents for a fifth. :)

dlndavid:
So you want it all to yourself do you, sorry, some of know the truth about the place, the people, and the diving.:D
Good try though :wink:

You forgot to mention how expensive it is also, especially the rum, come on 60 cents for a fifth. :)
Yes. That's the most important thing he left out. Waaaaaaaaay toooooooooo expensive. :D

dlndavid:

Duuuuude :D :) :14:
Filipino women are ugly??????

Something is clearly wrong with your eyes BikerManiac..

They're several very beautiful young ladies who frequent this particular forum and I suspect that you'll be hearing from them and everyone else in very short order :D.

it's the rum Jam :D waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo expensive rum right Gio. :)

Jamdiver:
Duuuuude :D :) :14:
Filipino women are ugly??????

I have never seen uglier women before in my life. To add insult to the injury, they are also very nasty and bia(t)chy. Follow my advice. Please stay home, I am sharing my mistakes and my horrible time in the Philippines as a warning to you so you dont experience the suffering I felt.

Others in this board have mentioned a fact I have neglected. The Phillipines is very expensive and the alcohol really sucks. They are abosulutely right. Stay home is cheaper!!

God Bless

BikerManiac:
Below are the reasons they told me why I should not go:
1.-Too dangerous and too
hhhmmm... I wonder where this comes from?
2.-The woman are very ugly
Just let them keep believing that, less competition for me :D
3.-It's very dirty and too polluted.
Yep, horrible. Especially PG, the smog was horrifying...
4.-Diving Sucks..too much current, too murky, too cold

Yep, ok, this is true. The plankton riddled water at Ticao's Manta bowl, with it's ripping current suck for divers, but geez, all those whale sharks and mantas sure seem to enjoy it... Hhhmmm....

Yeah, terrible place, the Philippines. I'll be on my way to help you restore order in September..

z...

Diver Dennis:
I have to go back to PG again in May and October. There is NO sea-life there, repeat, NO sea life there. And please ignore my Philippine pictures thread... I...uh... Well, just don't look.

didn't you take those photos in Yap Dennis? i'm sure you did, you must have confused the photos and put them in the PI section by mistake...

z...

Back
Top Bottom