Puerto Galera with my 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David B

Reaction score
Have just returned to UK after 2 weeks at Puerto Galera. This is the first time that I have used my 5050 so I'm quite pleased with the results but there is still room for a lot of improvement. I feel that I need to get a bit closer to my subject and also get the focus a bit tighter.

Anyway here are the photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/v54/DavidEB/Puerto Galera 2005/?start=0

Just to save any confusion my dive buddy has already posted his photos on this site so when you look at mine you might think you are suffering from de ja vu. Obviously we took our own photos but we were diving together.

Any comments, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated. This underwater photography really gets a hold on you and I want to learn.

Regards

David

BIGSAGE136:
What software are you using, and please describe your rig.

Olympus 5050, Ikelite housing and DS125 strobe. I am using Photoshop CS. Or should I say I am trying to use it.

David

Nice pix. PM sent with off-post question.

Were you shooting in Macro or Super Macro and how did the flash react in super macro...
Great shots... now where is Puerto Galera ????
Lost in my driveway

thanx

fpoole:
Were you shooting in Macro or Super Macro and how did the flash react in super macro...
Great shots... now where is Puerto Galera ????
Lost in my driveway

thanx
I was shooting in Macro only. With it being the first time that I had used the camera I wanted to try and keep it as simple as possible underwater. The Ikelite housing is not the easiest thing to use at first attempt. It needs a bit of practice - in fact it needs a lot of practice. In fact on the best dive of the holiday when we had seen lots of Ghost Pipe Fish, Clown Angler Fish, and Sea Horses I was distraught to find that I hadn't switched on the macro setting at all. The air was blue when I realised. Sorry I can't help with the flash in super macro. Hopefully I will feel confident enought to use Super Macro on my next trip.

Puerto Galera is on the island of Mindoro in the Philippines. It is a great place for "muck" diving. The local people are very friendly, the weather stunning and it is so cheap there that it is difficult to spend money. I will be going back. Have attached a photo of the beach which was taken from the steps of the dive school.

Regards

David

Oh, the PI... yes, great place, that's why so many Nudie Cuties...

Great shots just using the Macro moe.. some were pretty close up...

thanx...

Was there in the early 90's, Cebu and across to the southwest corner... had a cold so couldn't dive... but do remember the important things... like
San Miguel Beer = $0.25 a bottle.. heheh..
ahhh the good things in life...

thanx for the info.. great shots...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom