Puerto Galera for New Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no PG trips for me til February/March. :(

I think the record for shots at the Point Bar is 2,600 somthing. You lot planning on breaking that record? Just got back from PG myself. I'm engaged and celebrated at the Point Bar on Saturday. We fell well short of 2,600 though.

I'll be in Brisbane with my girl for the holiday. Then it is off to Bangkok to look for new work for the new year. I can't believe my Pinoy lifestyle is coming to an end soon.

Cheers!

Sounds like this forum will be well represented...and I found out who got the 3-bedroom we were trying for ;-)

Any tips for first timers to PG? Anything anybody wants from Alaska for New Years?

And, the Point Bar looked fairly small. So 2300 shots divided by even 200 people would roughly an 11.5 per person shot average. Hmmmmm. Ouch!

Thanks for the rapid responses!

Johncn
the point bar could not possibly fit 200 people... 100 would be a stretch as it is...

so if we assume 75 people... 2300 shooters... a little math... YIKES!

about 37 shots a pop! PARTY!!!!

Jag

well most people would come and go.... 200 people is possible... 50 people all throughout the night, 100 people coming in and out, and 50 people free loading. :D

Hey,

If PPDer's are in the area, and wanted to have a barbeque at the OoTB....and if Larry and family were up to it...My wife and I'll volunteer to buy a bunch of San Miguel ;-) The pictures of the last DOR sure looked like you guys had certifiable, been-there-and-have-the-tshirt fun.

But, as you know, it's over New Years, so not sure if things are already booked up in the area.

Johncn

hey john, what we did last time was asked the ootb staff to prepare the barbeque, we just chipped in for the cost.

i'm in contact with huw of action divers trying to get a room somewhere near. :D
mmmmmmmmmmm.... meat!

Jag

the point bar could not possibly fit 200 people... 100 would be a stretch as it is...

so if we assume 75 people... 2300 shooters... a little math... YIKES!

about 37 shots a pop! PARTY!!!!

Jag

I would say there were about 80 + ppl. at one point.
stopped counting after 15 shots.... am sure we did more than 20 shots...... consequences... don't really remember..............

Attachments

• shots more.jpg
    shots more.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 28

Back
Top Bottom