Puerto Galera for New Year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just back from OOTB & Action divers.
Got a 10% discount, which i returned as a tip for the good service.
Action divers is a friendly outfit.

Just beware; last new years at the point bar 2300 + shots were downed!!! You have been warned!!
i doubt that's gonna be broken this year... sure larry's gonna be there BUT so's his loving wife, kids and mother... tsk tsk tsk :nonono:

Jag

Sounds like this forum will be well represented...and I found out who got the 3-bedroom we were trying for ;-)

Any tips for first timers to PG? Anything anybody wants from Alaska for New Years?

And, the Point Bar looked fairly small. So 2300 shots divided by even 200 people would roughly an 11.5 per person shot average. Hmmmmm. Ouch!

Thanks for the rapid responses!

Johncn

Looks like RikRaeder, The Hammerhead and us will have to consume some refrigerated beverages together...

I was on the EXCELLENT PPD Philippines Main Dive Map on Google Maps (thanks Jon A & Mike P and others), and noticed that Out of the Blue is marked over in Small La Laguna...and "Portofino Restaurant" is over near Atlantis in Sabang.

Question

Isn't the Portofino Resort in Small Laguna, too? Wouldn't their restaurant also be there? I don't see the resort on the map at all. Hmmm. So here is what Google Maps has inidicated for Small La Laguna:

small_la_laguna.jpg

And for Sabang it shows a Portofino Cafe:

sabang.jpg

Anyway, I am taking my VR rig to the PI this trip and will do QuickTime VR's to post in the gallery if you guys want. I used to do travel websites, but still have my pano head and so on. I think it would be cool to link the QTVR panoramas to the Google Maps locations for Puerto Galera and Dumaguete.

Geeks on vacation. Go figure.

Johncn

hmm, good catch John... we'll have to ask one of Santa's little helper who put those down on the map.

That would be cool to have a panorama or each beach, or at least a 360 pano of The Point Bar!

Just about to head out for a chilly semi-dry dive here in HK... Wish I was diving PG instead... :D

You guys have a blast in PG. We will be in tranquil Culasi diving like there is no tomorrow. The schedule is set for 4 dives per day everyday. We start at 0800 and go until 2000....oh yeah baby...doin' the divin' nasty.....makin' it happen.....shakin' it with mama.....rollin' in the surf with my asawa....playin' the SCUBA strip game......shakin' the boat.....er, sorry, get carried away when I talk about diving and wife at the same time.

ooops, i forgot Portofino Resto. i frequent their cafe near Big Apple though (no SIDE comments, pak).

and yes, the three-bedroom villa is already reserved for the hammerheads.... poor larry, not going to beat his own record last new year's eve with the other hammerheads around. lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom