Puerta Vallarta Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got in our first dive on the cruise this morning. We went out with Chico´s Dive Shop...and no, I am not making that up!:D In fact, they were great for the most part. The head DM on the boat was really cool and our group´s DM, Nathan, was a great guy from England. The lunch was mediocre at best, they didn't keep a rinse bucket on board (except for masks), and they didn't have enough weight onboard. None of that affected my diving though as I made sure we were all ready to go well before we hit the dive site. Overall I liked the crew...they were super attentive...and the few negatives were barely worth mentioning.

Both dives were at Los Arcos and both were pretty shallow for the most part. Vis and temps varied greatly during each of the two dives. Overall vis was poor, ranging from 15' to 50'. Water temps varied from 65-73 degrees. I'm glad I brought my drysuit. I saw tons of puffers...schools of them...plenty of morays, several rays and a variety of the typical species of fish you commonly see diving saltwater. Nothing really cool...no mantas, sharks, etc.

Most of the divers and all of the snorkelers wussed out for the second dive. In fact, some joker wanted the captain to bring everyone back to the shore. I had to stand up and say (in a nice way of course) that I couldn't give a rip if he was unprepared for the cold water. I intended to get both my dives in. :wink: Funny thing was that none of the snorkelers were there when we returned. I imagine the crew ferried them back to the shore, but they deserved to be drowned given all of their whining and carrying on. :D

We weren't able to book a dive to the Marietta Islands this trip. Next time we'll get that one on the schedule in advance. Next stop for diving is Cabo. Hopefully, I'll find a computer on the mainland like I did here in PV. Our DM told us the vis was much better in Cabo and there is much more marine life to see there. I'll let ya'll know.

Dang you lead an easy life!!!!!

:)

Yes you got that right. John dissappeard first to Media Luna the next week Puerta Vallarta.

I have not seen him at the local watering hole for months.

Then there is Mr. O'Grady, where is he these daze?

Shawn

I prefer to think of it as charmed...:D Cabo report tomorrow if this dang Internet connection will work!

Funny thing was that none of the snorkelers were there when we returned. I imagine the crew ferried them back to the shore, but they deserved to be drowned given all of their whining and carrying on. :D

K-valve... did the boat leaveits divers out in the ocean while you were diving? Is it drift diving? I would be ticked if a boat left me to return whining snorkelers to the shore.

Cabo! Cabo!! Cabo!!! We want Cabo!

K-valve... did the boat leaveits divers out in the ocean while you were diving? Is it drift diving? I would be ticked if a boat left me to return whining snorkelers to the shore.

I think they must've ferried the whiners back to the dive shop. Our boat didn't leave us.

No drift diving on this dive. There was plenty of current, but that's not how they did it. I won't be going back to Puerta Vallarta for diving. I'd have to say it was the worst salt water experience I've had. I talked to some folks who dove another location far away from where we were and they didn't fare any better.

Cabo! Cabo!! Cabo!!! We want Cabo!

I'll post the trip report today...much better diving...much more fun overall too! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom