Puerta Vallarta dive op ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to inform you that these Ixtapas are two very different ones, Ixtapa Zihuatanejo is a nice beach town about 1000 miles south of Puerto Vallarta while Ixtapa close to Vallarta is a little dusty town inland no diving yet interesting for it's archaelogical findings.
To verify info. on night dive experience with no vis.it all depends on the time of year and currents.Best diving is usually around full or new moon since currents bring in clear water, also in the summer water is mostly clear.So yes you can have very good night dives at Los Arcos and visiblity changes some times it's great at Marietas and El Morro but most of the times at Los Arcos sionce it is surrounded by 2000 ft deep waters while all the other dive sites only get to 200 ft.

We used 7mm two-piece wet suite + hood etc, but I felt cold at the end of each dive.

Am I missing something? 70 deg on surface... what temp at depth? I usa a 7 mil for Monterey... that's usually in the 50's

Very interesting posts though... I'm trying to set up a trip with the non diving Mrs... Keep em coming

Ben

Hey Ben,
I just got back from PV a couple of weeks ago (I dove on 5/28) and went to Las Marietas. I wore a 5mm suit and no hood. On the first dive I was fine, but I was getting cold towards the end of the second dive. The water temp on the surface was probably around 75 degrees with the thermocline at approx. 30'.

Dave

Norma:
We were so fortunate that our Dive Master Leslie had a digital camera and took pictures which we can email upon request. The Manta wouldn't let me touch him but gently swam just out of reach from me with daughter on his back. My oh my, he was large.
Norma

Hi Norma,

I'm planning a trip to PV soon and would love to see the photos of your daughter and the manta!

Thanks,

Tina
bluewave1275@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom