Puck Air calculation ATR (remaining air-time)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pepe96

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi to all,

I am new to this since I could not find the information I am seeking for in the local forum I normally consult.
I have been trying to find details out about the ATR (Air-time-remain) calculation employed in the Puck Air.
Failed reading through the manual (there ATR is only mentioned in the "display descriptions"), failed to search Mares knowledgebase. Failed google search.

To give you an example for what I am looking for, for the Suunto Cobra the manual says:
"The calculation is always based on the actual pressure drop
in your cylinder and will automatically adapt to your cylinder size and current air consumption. The change in your air consumption is based on constant one second interval pressure
measurements over 30–60 second periods. An increase in air consumption influences
the remaining air time rapidly, while a drop in air consumption increases the air time
slowly. In this way, an over optimistic air time estimation, caused by a temporary drop
in air consumption, is avoided."

Can someone please provide a similar description for the Puck Air?
I plan to purchase either the Puck Air (depending on the ATR feature) or the Cobra within the next 2 days.
Thanks in advance.
Pepe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom