published science to support release of serotonin at depth 1 atm or 6 atm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QWayne

New
Reaction score
Dear All,
I am currently writing a scientific article and the topic covers vascular physiology and serotonin. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about specific depth at which serotonin is most likely to be released. I have heard in conversation 55 or 60ft but I was hoping to find or be referred to actual science papers that I can use to support this idea.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Q

I would start with the few hyperbaric research labs. Fortunately we have two members that are associated with them: @Duke Dive Medicine and @Dr Simon Mitchell

I also suggest contacting the US Navy Experimental Diving Unit in Panama City Florida. Finding the right person may be a challenge but hopefully you will find one.

The Navy took enough blood from me and my shipmates that you would think they would have data on every compound in the body... but I'm skeptical about serotonin.

Hi @Akimbo and @QWayne , I emailed one of the guys at the lab, will let y'all know what I hear back.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom