Public Transport fun - Opinions Sought for Anilao/S.Lyte/Alona B/Dauin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pack like sardine! 18 passengers + driver to share a van.
The shared van does not offer any space for the pack except under your ft. Therefore extra seat or two is a MUST if you do have a pack.

Thanks guys. This is going to be heaps of fun. I had read about buying an extra seat or 2 so will definitely do that. I’ll make sure I document the process and get some photos for context.

I work with a couple of lovely Philippino ladies so I’ll definitely be getting some Tagalog phrases to help. ‘I paid for 3 seats’, ‘sorry’, ‘don’t sit on my dive gear’. Ha ha ha.

Thanks guys. This is going to be heaps of fun. Ha ha ha.
Screenshot_20191222-115612_Gallery.jpgThis was on the way back from Moalboal a couple weeks ago. Sitting sideways on the wheel well, next to the engine, dive gear at my feet and other knees everywhere. And I *still had to pay for the extra space for the dive gear. :)

View attachment 556890This was on the way back from Moalboal a couple weeks ago. Sitting sideways on the wheel well, next to the engine, dive gear at my feet and other knees everywhere. And I *still had to pay for the extra space for the dive gear. :)
What kind of vehicle would that be? It doesn't look like those usual Toyota Hi-Ace or similar because it is a lot bigger.

What kind of vehicle would that be? It doesn't look like those usual Toyota Hi-Ace or similar because it is a lot bigger.
Busted - it's the next best thing - the chicken bus. Also an option but not as comfortable, fast, or convenient as a van.
It's a good time to mention that if you do this route from Tacloban south, no matter how you get to Bohol, as long as you have no need to return to Cebu your beat the band option onward to Dumaguete (and then to Dauin) is the fast ferry from Tagbilaran.

View attachment 556890This was on the way back from Moalboal a couple weeks ago. Sitting sideways on the wheel well, next to the engine, dive gear at my feet and other knees everywhere. And I *still had to pay for the extra space for the dive gear. :)

Challenge accepted. I'll see if I can top the Chicken Bus. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom