Suggestion Public Safety Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
I

indypddiver

Reaction score
Hi there. I would like to suggest a new forum dedicated to those divers involved with public safety diving (police/fire depts). There seems to be alot of interest in the subject in many of the existing forums. There also seems to be numerous people not involved in public safety diving who feel qualified to preach upon the subject. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

Indypddiver

indypddiver:
Hi there. I would like to suggest a new forum dedicated to those divers involved with public safety diving (police/fire depts). There seems to be alot of interest in the subject in many of the existing forums. There also seems to be numerous people not involved in public safety diving who feel qualified to preach upon the subject. Just a suggestion.

Indy:

I had suggested that in a post I did the other day. I am a PSD and would like to have access to share information with others involved in PSD.

I vote absolutely. I will certainly participate.

Dan

I can add a sub forum to the Dive into Fitness forum area. Will that support your needs?

yes lets do as we are still forming out response team from the police department to actually fire and rescue squad going to be doing it now !!!

What do you want to call it? And is it going to be a question/ answer type thing..or just a bond to find each other?

OK the name is fine. But can I get an idea of what Indy, Dan and Medic.. and others want the goals of this forum to be.
Do you want it to be a forum you have to join to see, like the Single's forum, or one the whole board can participate in?

I agree with these guys on adding a PSD forum. I don't think the fitness forum is the right place for it, though. Tek Talk or it's own forum would maybe be more appropriate? Just call it Public Safety Diving and it would be for PSD's to discuss things as well as non-PSD's to ask questions. I'd like to see it open to everyone. Just my not so humble $.02 :wink:

Let's make this easy... give us your feedback on the intent of the forum so we can make the settings and the description and I'll open it for Monday (don't say we don't listen!)

indypddiver:

Thanks,

Indypddiver

I'm for it.

Preach? ok I'll except that term. I guess I do tend to preach about troubling issues in diving regardles of the mission of the dive. Keep in mind that there are many experienced divers who aren't police officers or firefighters so can usually only speak from the sidelines.

From what I've seen of the PSD sceen (and it's way too much for my stomach) one of the major problems is the lack of communication between members of different teams. I really think that the divers would benefit from knowing what other teams are up too regarding trsaining and equipment. It's hard to know good from bad without a point of reference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom