Pt. Lobos Sept 5.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had 2 great dives today at Pt. Lobos (my first). The conditions couldn't have been better (flat seas and 30 ft. visibility). Pt. lobos is every bit as good as people have told me.

Also met some great guys (Chuck Tribolet, Doc Wong and Ben). Thanks Ben for giving us the orientation.

Here are some pictures that my son took today.

Attachments

• P1120746.jpg
    P1120746.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 66
  • P1120744.jpg
    P1120744.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 63
  • P1120727.jpg
    P1120727.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 64
Wow -- your son is good with a camera!

Glad you had a great Lobos day. You couldn't have run into better folks. Although I don't know Chuck, I do know Doc Wong and Ben, and they are lovely, warm, generous people (and very good divers).

Wow -- your son is good with a camera!

Glad you had a great Lobos day. You couldn't have run into better folks. Although I don't know Chuck, I do know Doc Wong and Ben, and they are lovely, warm, generous people (and very good divers).

Absolutely agree. I hope to meet them more often now that I 'know' them.

I am sorry we could not join you, We were doing a class at Breakwater, Though you were in the best hands, Ben, Chuck, And Doc are the best!!

Those are some GREAT pictures!!

Glad you had such A good time!

Vimal,

Your son took some really nice macro pics, I took pics on Friday but they just didn't really come out as nice as I had hoped, hey it just gives me an excuse to dive again, :)

MG

Vimal,
Nice meeting you... I'm glad you enjoyed your dive. I'm more than happy to help a fellow diver out... as would anyone else here would do.

very nice pictures too BTW. What camera/housing was he using? And you guys call yourselves beginners... hehehe I think you're sandbagging.

Ben

Very nice pictures by your son!

Glad to hear that you had a good time at Pt. Lobos, and conditions were good for you as well.

How come it's always Chuck, Doc, and Ben that everyone meets? Well, Chuck has his boat. Doc has his name on the van. Ben, what do you do?

Vimal,
Nice meeting you... I'm glad you enjoyed your dive. I'm more than happy to help a fellow diver out... as would anyone else here would do.

very nice pictures too BTW. What camera/housing was he using? And you guys call yourselves beginners... hehehe I think you're sandbagging.

Ben

We were using my old Panasonic TZ1. This is a great camera. Takes beautiful picutres over and under water. The fact is that these pictures were recorded at 2M low resolution using camera's built-in memory (we forgot the SD card!!). It still came out good.

My son is the official photographer for our dives and he loves getting up close to a subject. He has good buoyancy skills too and that helps a lot. He just turned 18 last week. Too bad he is going away to college :wink: and leaving me to find another buddy!

Well when we are in company such as you and Doc, yes, I do consider my self a beginner!!. I can only dream right now about diving a double with a scooter!!:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom