PT-10, C4000Z and Inon Wide Angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pai2

New
Reaction score
Hi All

Having researched the UWL-100 wide angle lens, it seems Inon recommend the Type 1 with a converter. Of course my local supplier in the Netherlands only has type 2 in stock. I will be Diving the Red Sea in 15days so ordering is not an option.

My questions are, has anybody used this combination (Type2), how bad is the vignetting? Can you tweak the zoom to fix it? Anybody have any test shots to show it.

Many Thanks

Paul

You can always zoom in a bit, somtimes quite a bit, to get rid of most vignetting but you're also limiting the usefulness of the wide angle lens by doing so.

Dee:
You can always zoom in a bit, somtimes quite a bit, to get rid of most vignetting but you're also limiting the usefulness of the wide angle lens by doing so.

Yep thats what I want to avoid, I don't mind a tweak but I don't wan't to use a lot of zoom to get around the problem.

Thanks

Paul

Well to answer my own question, yes there is some vignetting on the top corners, a slight tweak with the zoom cures it. Yes I went ahead and bought the type 2 as its the only one I could lay my hands on.

Regards

Paul

Back
Top Bottom