PT-010 Production stopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan makes a good point. Even though my C-4040 and now my PT-10 have been discontinued, I plan to use them both for years to come.

It's true, that with the price so low on these housings it's not finacially feasible to pay to have them serviced...if you could find a place to do it. If Gilligan can tell us how to take them apart and where to get replacement parts, it would be simple to do. Those of us who enjoy do-it-yourself projects like this, it makes perfect sense to do the service yourself. If not, as I've said earlier, the cost is low enough to find a replacement now while they are still to be found.

I originally purchased my PT-010 from Ocean Brite Systems (http://www.oceanbrite.com). I just received an e mail from Jim Bullitt, the owner, who informed me he will have that zoom control metal tension part in stock in about two weeks. The cost is $25.00 plus shipping and handling. A little pricey but the alternative is to live without it or have someone fabricate one.
:shades:

Gilligan once bubbled...
I originally purchased my PT-010 from Ocean Brite Systems (http://www.oceanbrite.com). I just received an e mail from Jim Bullitt, the owner, who informed me he will have that zoom control metal tension part in stock in about two weeks. The cost is $25.00 plus shipping and handling. A little pricey but the alternative is to live without it or have someone fabricate one.

Good news! The only other part that I have heard of that may need replacing is the locking latch.

I'm also trying to find a hood for the LCD, like the one that comes with the PT-015. Any idea if he carries those or where I can find one?

Aloha Dee,
I did some preliminary checking on using the monitor shade from a PT-015 on the PT-010. I haven't found where to get one as of yet. No doubt some housing suppliers will furnish replacement ones for the PT-015. There is a clear acrylic track attached to the PT-015 housing that the black shade slides on to. That would have to be fabricated and attached in some way to the back of the PT-010. I think the problem comes into play with the clearance between the monitor shade and the 3 control buttons adjacent to the monitor on the PT-010. It does not look as if it is sufficient enough so as not to interfere with those plungers. The PT-015 seems to have more clearance between the shade and the adjacent plungers. I have put together a photo of the backs of both housings for comparison click here

I was thinking instead of fabricating and attaching a channel for the hood, I'd just use some velcro. It doesn't have to be all that sturdy, in fact, I'd rather it have the break-away feature if it gets knocked around in some way. Better the velcro gives than the molded channel!

The use of neoprene also crossed my mind. A thick piece of neo., maybe 5 or 7mm, could be used. Simply by trimming, clipping and folding, a single rectangular piece could be used for a 3 sided hood. I just haven't taken the time to fool with it...yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom