PST tanks - good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sorry can someone tell me what a TC stamp is and how do I know that I got one ?
Crush, living in Canada you might want to ensure that PSTs have a TC stamp. Right now I've been tempted to buy a set of double PST 120's I found in Bellingham, but they only have a DOT stamp, no TC stamp. I'm not exactly sure how much of a problem that may cause when you get them across the border. Refusal to be carried on ferries, fills, hydros, etc...? Anybody know?

i guess it's the canadian version of the dot - do you regularly go to canada to dive?

Crush, living in Canada you might want to ensure that PSTs have a TC stamp. Right now I've been tempted to buy a set of double PST 120's I found in Bellingham, but they only have a DOT stamp, no TC stamp. I'm not exactly sure how much of a problem that may cause when you get them across the border. Refusal to be carried on ferries, fills, hydros, etc...? Anybody know?

Shops other than on the border will refuse to fill. Cannot do visual and hydro. If you own your own compressor and just recreationally dive that should not be a problem

I am sorry can someone tell me what a TC stamp is and how do I know that I got one ?

Just like it says DOT-xxxxxx on the neck it would also say TC-xxxxx. TC being. Transport Canada

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up for and I be just fine with my DOT here in Arizona unless Mexico comes up with there own stamp.:D

It is very probable your tanks already have a TC stamp (or CTC which is an older version). These days a lot of tanks in North America and the Caribbean will have a TC stamp. PST seems to be an exception. Besides, it's only relevant if you plan to bring your tanks into Canada.

tank%20marking.jpg

Besides, it's only relevant if you plan to bring your tanks into Canada.

I've seen a small portion of New Brunswick's sea coast from the surface. Basically from Staint Stephen - St Andrews, - St George, Letete, all the way up to Saint John. The coast line is incredible. It is a place I want to go back to and dive with my wife someday. Being as we'd drive, we'd probably take tanks. I would definatley need to planit though, as the tides are tremendous! Thanks for the info.

to the best of my knowledge all PST scuba tanks carried both DOT and TC stamps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom