PST ,gone or still going as of june/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kallardnyc:
Yea, but where are you going to get a flux capacitor?
I think PST is going to make those too:D

Albert Quest:
wb416:
It might be better for the "Betty worry-worts" to just sell their PST cylinders and get something else.

Gimme a break ,what an assinine statement, maybe i should look into buying a delorean
car also :shakehead

Check your "thin skin" at the door dude! :wink: I'm sure info passed at your LDS is the last word on the subject!

The information is on the PSTScuba site. Cylinder mfg'ing doesn't change everyday. This isn't software or CPU development, so don't expect daily updates.

The offer is still good to buy your cylinders! :D

Cheers!

I want a DeLorean too and I also will buy up any PST tanks anyone wants to get rid of...

wb416:
Huh? :confused:

It's only June for goodness sakes! whaddya want, a stock ticker? :shakehead

It might be better for the "Betty worry-worts" to just sell their PST cylinders and get something else.

I'll give you 10 cents on the dollar. Deal? :D

10 cents on the dollar? Not exactly oozing with confidence, are you?

One of my first jobs was as a security guard at PST in West Allis, WI. I know the inside of that factory like the back of my hand. I watched them make tons of tanks. On one of my shifts, their hydrochloric acid tank sprung a leak and it ended up being a major problem. Haz Mat came in and shut down the street...Dept of Natural Resources had to do ground contamination checks...what a mess.
I can tell you that the factory gets friggin' hot when they have those furnaces cranked up. It was neat watching a round plate of stell go betweeen a press, then WHAMMO!...a tank was born!

Albert Quest:
Hello all, just got back from my LDS and was told (once again) that the
PRESSED STEEL scuba tank company is now officially closed for good.
Can anyone confirm or dispel this.
I own a few PST tanks and am thinking of more, but now this :shakehead
any further details would be great......thanx.....Albert:confused:

Pressed Steel Tank is out of business. Their assets were purchased by the same management that put them in receivership (and screwed the vendors to a tune of $1 million).

The original story from the new management that PST Cylinders would be delivering cylinders late June/early July 2006. The latest version is late this year.

As anyone who has done business with the old PST will tell you, these stories match what the old PST said...tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll ship tanks tomorrow.

Same management, same problems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom