PST ,gone or still going as of june/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The June/July date was in a letter to their dealers, the later this year was in a conversation with one of the Darling family early May of this year.

I don't know if this means much, but they still answer the phone number on the web site.

Here's a few snippets from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel regarding PST, and the site they were located on:

Pressed Steel Tank, which makes compressed natural gas tanks, shut down operations in March. A court-appointed receiver sold most of the company's assets to PST Cylinders LLC, a new investors group led by Robert Darling, Pressed Steel's chief executive officer.
PST Cylinders is moving its equipment to a new location, and its sprawling building, which Mayor Jeanette Bell called an eyesore, will be demolished in September.

And here's a link to an article that describes what is happening to the company:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/?id=410740

I was at a LDS yesterday and he told me that the judge denied the buy out.

Pressed steel is still in operation. I had to contact them for information and had no problem, the tanks are still being produced

I have a couple of PST 100's that I like so far diving with but I'm increasingly nervous about the status of this company and future hydro's. The LDS that I bought the tanks from now tells everyone that PST is down the tubes and count'nt ever supply them with quantity when they needed it. So I quess kind of a good ridance. On a dive today someone mentioned that PST was not out of business just out of the scuba tank business. Anybody know exactly what's up with PST?

i'm so glad my LDS is low b.s. and will continue to VIP PST tanks long after PST is gone, and will search out and find hydro operators who aren't idiots to keep hydro'ing them under an individual exemption...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom