PST Cylinders SP-9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A. Dale Fox

Registered
Reaction score
PST Cylinder SP-9791 is scheduled to expire in May 2011. However, PSI-PCI has confirmed with the president of PST Cylinders that they did initiate a renewal of this Special Permit. Therefore, under the provisions of 49CFR107.109 the Special Permit expiration is extended until such time as USDOT completes their administrative action on the renewal request.

Good show, PST, you actually came through (and 3 weeks early!). Now what will we have to talk about for the next 4-1/2 years?

And thanks Dale, for letting us know.

PST Cylinder SP-9791 is scheduled to expire in May 2011. However, PSI-PCI has confirmed with the president of PST Cylinders that they did initiate a renewal of this Special Permit. Therefore, under the provisions of 49CFR107.109 the Special Permit expiration is extended until such time as USDOT completes their administrative action on the renewal request.

Dale

Thanks for the information.

Hope you had a good trip home. It was good talking to you at B Sea Rovers.

I think you mean SU 9294? It's been around since 2009, after PST let the original SU 4349 lapse

SU 9294 is an interesting exemption (or Equivalency Certificate as the Canadians call them - how they get SU from that I do not know). It's a "use" permit, that authorizes the continued use (at least until 2014 when it will be up for renewal again) of cylinders made under SU 4349 prior to May 2005, but not the manufacture of new ones. Apparently TC couldn't just reissue SU 4349 since the reorganized PST was considered a new entity.

It's a good reminder that Canada does things its own way! Exemption expiration in Canada is a much more serious problem than in the US, since Canada does not have the loophole we have for privately owned cylinders not used in commerce, nor is there any way for an individual tank owner in Canada to get a "use" exemption the way there is here.

As an update, these same cylinders operate in Canada under SU-9424 and have been renewed for continued use in Canada.

Last edited:
It's a good reminder that Canada does things its own way! Exemption expiration in Canada is a much more serious problem than in the US, since Canada does not have the loophole we have for privately owned cylinders not used in commerce, nor is there any way for an individual tank owner in Canada to get a "use" exemption the way there is here.

Almost makes me glad I just sold my e8-130's. Speaking of which, I need another PST lp104 for a set of doubles. Anyone have an extra one for sale? :D

Back
Top Bottom